Last updated: 07/26/18
SkyHive Technologies Inc. (“SkyHive”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring you have a positive experience on our website and in using SkyHive's services (“Services”).
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
“personal information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, such as name, email address, postal or other physical address, credit or debit card number, job title, skills profile, hobbies and job history, and other information required to provide a service or carry out a transaction you have requested.
We receive and store this information when you enter it on our website, send it to us, or provide it to us in any other way. Some of the ways we collect your personal information include:
- Account registration, including when you add information to your profile, such as studies, training, hobbies, experience, skills, work type, availability and pay preferences
- Use of certain features of our Services, such as when you upload skills and other profile information, browse job posts, or apply for a position
- Generating reports based on information collected from use of our Services
- Participating in an online survey
- Billing and collecting payments for our Services (where applicable)
If you are using the Service to seek employment, we may obtain your personal information from any organization that employs or considers employing you. This personal information is used to improve our Services, such as by improving how employees and employers are matched, and to assess your job search. This information may include whether or not you were offered a position and why and the terms of your employment, including salary.
Like most websites, we also gather certain information automatically. Whenever you interact with our website, we may automatically receive and record information on logs and databases from your browser, application, or device. This automatically collected information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g. HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the website.
In addition, by using SkyHive, network information may be transmitted back to us as product usage information. This information is transmitted back to us so we can determine how users are interacting with SkyHive to assist us with improving SkyHive, and to correct any problems that may occur.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
“Cookies” are identifiers we store on your device that allow us to recognize your browser, application, or device. Cookies enable us to analyze how our website is used and to monitor the performance of our website so we can create the best user experience, such as how and when various pages and features on our website are visited and by how many people.
SkyHive may use the following types of cookies:
First Party Cookies: Whether a cookie is a “first” or “third” party cookie refers to the website placing the cookie. First party cookies are those placed by us and involves assigning a unique identity to you by setting the cookie with a view to tracking your journey on our website. These cookies can be further categorized into the following:
- Session Cookies allow our website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent Cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our website to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
Our Services do not respond to do not track signals or other mechanisms that might enable users to opt out of tracking on our Services.
We also use Google analytics and Facebook to provide analytics services. You can read their privacy notices here, https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html and https://www.facebook.com/legal/FB_Work_Privacy.
USES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To match you with perspective employers, which will involve sharing your personal information with those prospective employers.
- To create reports based on information collected from use of the Services. Reports that do not include personal information may be shared and published at our discretion.
- To keep you up to date on the latest Service announcements, updates, special offers, and other information, provided that you can edit your marketing preferences at any time as described below.
- To provide support and assistance for the Services.
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content, such as non-public job postings.
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better services to our customers and end users. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
- To support recruitment inquiries.
- To understand more about you, so we can personalize newsletters and websites to your preferences. For example, allow you the opportunity to request specific information on jobs that may be relevant to you.
- To provide information on your request to another individual such as a prospective employer.
We may anonymize or aggregate your personal information so that you are not identifiable, and provide that information to our partners or use that information for marketing or promotional items.
INFORMATION YOU SHARE
Our Services allow you to share information with others, such as potential employers. Your account privacy settings may allow you to limit which users can see what personal information in your user profile.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon request, SkyHive will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by sending an email request to email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. Please note that we do not guarantee that we will fulfil your request.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. We will also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
UNSUBSCRIBING AND OPTING OUT
Each promotional email from SkyHive or from third parties to whom SkyHive has given your email address with your consent includes instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that category of mailing or from receiving emails from that third party.
You may also unsubscribe from SkyHive's promotional emails by sending an email with your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have additional questions regarding your disclosure choices and SkyHive's policies regarding receipt of promotional emails, you may contact SkyHive by sending an email with your name and email address to email@example.com.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so.
We may share your personal information within SkyHive and its affiliated companies and with third party service providers for purposes of data processing or storage, including as required to provide the Services or for any other use to which you have consented. We may also share your personal information with third parties in order to improve our Services, such as by aggregating your information with other organizations that have your personal information in order develop insights about how to successfully match employees with prospective employers.
We may also share your personal information with business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors in order to provide a requested product or transaction, including processing orders, processing credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting event and seminar registration, and providing customer support. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of personal information necessary to complete/utilize the requested product or transaction, and the third parties are not permitted to use your personal information except for the limited purpose of completing/providing the requested product or transaction.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
SkyHive is committed to protecting the personal information you share with us. We utilize a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your personal information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. Do not share any information on the Services that you do not want a prospective employer to see.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER, PROCESSING, AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer your personal information to any SkyHive affiliate worldwide, or to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage. By providing any personal information you fully understand and unambiguously consent to such transfer, processing, and storage of such information.
BUSINESS TRANSACTION CONSENT
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?